Schedule Children Classes in Alexandria
In Alexandria, classes are held in a townhouse located 5749 Governors Pond Cir Alexandria VA22310.
We use a comfortable teaching room in a convenient location (Franconia and telegraph roads) with parking spaces. To see the room click here.
Spring Session 2021: From April 11th to June 20th (10 sessions) - No class May 29th and 30th.
Summer Session 2021: From July 5th to August 15th (5 or 6 sessions)
Fall Session 2021: From Sept 11th to December 4th (11 sessions) - No class Oct 9th and Nov 27th
For parents who feel more confortable with virtual classes, check our online schedule for children classes here
Being a small school, we are able to implement strict safety measures against COVID.
Since July 2020 we are offering classes in person. In case the pandemic situation worsens, in person classes will be online.
- More info about the Covid Prevention plan here.
All levels - Young Children (2-7 years old)
* Our young kids classes, Moineaux (2-4.5 years) and Poussins (4.5-7 years) are playful immersion classes with activities similar to what children would do in a French preschool. Learn words and sentences, use them in songs, dances, games, and stories. All levels are welcome since we use immersion: for beginners to French speakers.
- Moineaux Summer class (2 to 4.5 y) / In person - Saturdays 9 to 9:55 am - July 10th to August 7th - $115 for 5 weeks
- Poussins Summer class (5 to 7 y) / In person - Saturdays 10:05 to 11 am - July 10th to August 7th - $115 for 5 weeks
- Moineaux (2-4.5) Fall class / In person: Sundays 9 to 9:55am - Sept 12th to Dec 5th (no class Oct 10th and Nov 28th) - $240 for 11 weeks
- Poussins (5-7) Fall class / In person: Sundays 10:05 to 11:00am - Sept 12th to Dec 5th (no class Oct 10th and Nov 28th) - $240 for 11 weeks
For Beginners to Elementary (7.5-12 years old)
* Les Grands - For children 7.5 to 12 years old - Sundays 11:15-12:45pm
A dynamic class for complete beginners to strong beginners (0 to 2 years of French)
- Grand Summer Review (kids 8.5 to 13) - Level 1 - in Person: Saturdays 11:15-12:45pm - July 10th to August 7th - $160 for 5 weeks
- Grand Fall class in person (kids 7.5 to 12) - level beginner to elementary: Sundays 11:15-12:45pm - Sept 12th to Dec 5th (no class Oct 10th and Nov 28th) - $360 for 11 weeks
For Bilingual Children (8-15 years old)
* Les P'tits Francais I/II, III/IV- classes for advanced and French speakers for children 8 to 16 years old.
Reading, spelling, grammar, discussions.
- We offer online reading Workshops during the Summer. Those workshops aim to build up more complex vocabulary, to read faster, to reinforce spelling and text analysis skills.
* Reading Level 1 (Kids from 8 to 12) ONLINE - Sat 10:05-11:30am - July 10th to August 7th - $160 for 5 weeks
** Reading Level 2 (Kids from 12 to 15) ONLINE - Sat 10:05-11:30am - July 10th to August 7th - $160 for 5 weeks
- Weekly Advanced Classes are online on Saturdays, or also on Tuesday evening for the PF 3/4.
Check the schedule of advanced classes for French speakers or bilingual kids here.
Summer Camps all levels
We understand how important child care is for families. That is why we have decided to have in-person French summer camps for children as well as online with our virtual camps. We want to provide a safe and fun child care option for the families in our community. Thank to our small size, we are able to implement strict safety measures in regard of the Covid-19 situation. In making the summer camps as safe as possible, we have limited spots available
- Check here our in person summer camps for kids 5-12 in Alexandria (Mon-Fri from 9:00 to 12:00pm)
- Check here our weekly online summer camps for kids/ Teens 12-16
We are a small school, therefore able to implement strict measures. That being said, the health of all is our number one priority, so we ask everyone to strictly commit to those regulations. Below is a list of some precautions we will be taking, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, in order to ensure that your child has a safe and enjoyable experience.
- At our Chevy Chase location, no more than 9 students will be accepted into each class / 15 for camp session depending on the room.
- At our Alexandria location, no more than 7 students,
- Teachers and assistants strictly reinforce CDC guidelines. We kindly ask parents to do so as well.
- Special Parent/guardian drop off and pick up instructions will be implemented to guarantee 6 feet of space.
- Parents will be asked to take their child’s temperature before dropping them off at class /camp.
- Hand sanitizing stations are set up at the entrance and in the classroom.
- Students are asked to wash/sanitize their hands several times during the class.
- Students have an assigned seat, at least 6 feet apart from other students.
- Students must bring their own lunches and sharing food will not be permitted.
- Students must bring their own supplies (crayons, pencils, pens, paper, markers, etc.) and sharing will not be permitted.
- All teachers wear protective masks and students over the age of 4 will kindly be asked to wear a mask as well at all time expect at the parc during activities allowing distancing.
- Activities and games during classes and camps abide by physical distancing guidelines.
- We plan to have as many activities as possible outside during camps.
- Right after usage, shared material and games are sanitized. Children will immediately wash their hands or use hand sanitizer.
- Non-washable toys, materials and games will not be used.
- Once the class/day is over, the building and classroom will be thoroughly cleaned for the next day.
While we understand these precautions may be inconvenient, the sole purpose is to provide a safe environment for your child and our staff.
In case we cannot meet in person classes (Saturdays in DC and Sundays in Alexandria) will be moved online.
If camps have to be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, families will be refunded for the days missed.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out and ask! Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.