Schedule Children Classes in Alexandria
In Alexandria, classes are held in a townhouse located 5749 Governors Pond Cir Alexandria VA22310.
We use a comfortable teaching room in a convenient location (Franconia and telegraph roads) with parking spaces. To see the room click here.
Late Spring Session 2020: From May 17th to June 21st - No class May 24th
Summer Session 2020: From June 28th to Aug 9th (6 sessions) - No class July 5th
Fall Session 2020: From September 13th to December 6th (11 sessions) - No class October 11th and November 29th
During the Social Distancing period, you can follow all group classes on Skype. We plan to meet in person end of June, but Skype is easy and kids manage to work very well with it.
- Register for your Online Children class.
- We'll send you a "Skype Meet-Now" link, and the material you will need during class.
- You can follow the class at home.
Being a small school, we are able to implement strict safety measures against COVID. We plan to have our summer classes in person, but you will be able to register for virtual classes and camps as well. Check the camp schedule here.
- More info about the Summer Covid Prevention plan here.
Small Children (2-7) - All levels
Our small kids classes, Moineaux (22 months-4.5 years) and Poussins (4.5-7 years) are playful immersion classes with activities similar to what children would do in a French maternelle. Learn words and sentences, use them in songs, dances, games, and stories. For French and non-French speakers.
*Moineaux (22 months-4.5 years)- Sundays 9-9:55am (from $115 to $220)
- Moineaux Workshop Summer 6 weeks / In person: Register Moineaux 6 weeks summer - Sundays 9 to 9:55am - June 28th to Aug 9th (no class July 5th) - $132 / FULL- You can register for Moineaux ONLINE
**Poussins (5-7 years) Sundays 10:05 to 11am (from $115 to $220)
- Poussins Workshop Summer 6 weeks /In person: Register Poussins 6 weeks summer - Sundays 10:05 to 11am - June 28th to Aug 9th (no class July 5th) - $132 / Cancelled - You can register for Poussins ONLINE
For English speaking children (7-12)
A dynamic immersion class for beginners to elementary children, based on conversation.
- Grand (7 to 12 years old) Workshop Summer 6 weeks /
Online: Sat 10:05-11:30am - June 27th to Aug 8th (no class July 4th) - $195 for 9h
In person- Check here our weekly summer camps for kids 5-12
- Check here our weekly summer camps for kids/ Teens 12-16
- Grand (7 to 12 years old) Class Fall 10 weeks: - Sundays 11:15-12:45pm - September 13th to December 6th (no class Oct 11th and Nov 29th) - $360 for 16.5h
For French Speakers/ Bilingual Children (7-15)
Online Reading Summer Workshops
Those workshops aim to build up more complex vocabulary, to read faster, to reinforce spelling and text analysis skills.
* Reading Level 1 (Kids from 8 to 12)- Summer - ONLINE - Sat 10:05-11:30am- June 27th to Aug 8th (no class July 4th) - $195 for 9h
** Reading Level 2 (Kids from 12 to 15)- Summer - ONLINE - Sat 10:05-11:30am- June 27th to Aug 8th (no class July 4th) - $195 for 9h
Les P'tits Francais I/II, III/IV- classes for advanced and French speakers for children 8 to 16 years old.
Reading, spelling, grammar, discussions.
* PF 1 or 2 (8 to 10)- Tuesday 4:50-6:20pm - September 15th to November 24th (11 sessions) - $360
** PF 3 or 4 (11 to 15)- Tuesday 4:50-6:20pm - September 15th to November 24th (11 sessions) - $360
Summer Camps all levels
We understand how important child care is for families. That is why we have decided to have in-person French summer camps for children as well as online with our virtual camps. We want to provide a safe and fun child care option for the families in our community. Thank to our small size, we are able to implement strict safety measures in regard of the Covid-19 situation. In making the summer camps as safe as possible, we have limited spots available (5 to 6 children in Alexandria and 9 children in Chevy Chase).
- Check here our weekly summer camps for kids 5-12
- Check here our weekly summer camps for kids/ Teens 12-16
Summer Classes and Camps COVID-19 Rules
At this time our intention is to hold the Summer week-end classes and weekly camps, to give families in our community an option for a fun activity once Stay Home orders are over.
We are a small school, therefore able to implement strict measures. That being said, the health of all is our number one priority, so we ask everyone to strictly commit to those regulations. Below is a list of some precautions we will be taking, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, in order to ensure that your child has a safe and enjoyable experience.
- At our Alexandria location, no more than 6 students for Sunday classes, and 5 students will be accepted into each camp session.
- Teachers and assistants will strictly reinforce CDC guidelines. We kindly ask parents to do so as well.
- Special Parent/guardian drop off and pick up instructions will be implemented to guarantee 6 feet of space.
- Parents will be asked to take their child’s temperature before dropping them off at class /camp.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be set up at the entrance and in the classroom.
- Students will be asked to wash/sanitize their hands several times during the day. There is a bathroom inside the classroom.
- Students will have an assigned seat, at least 6 feet apart from other students.
- Students will be asked to bring their own lunches and sharing food will not be permitted.
- Students will be asked to bring their own supplies (crayons, pencils, pens, paper, markers, etc.) and sharing will not be permitted.
- All teachers will wear protective masks and students over the age of 5 will kindly be asked to wear a mask as well.
- Activities and games during classes and camps will abide by physical distancing guidelines.
- We plan to have as many activities as possible outside.
- When traveling outside, students will follow a “rope system” by holding onto an assigned spot on a rope, more than 6 feet apart from other students.
- Right after usage, shared material and games will be sanitized. Children will immediately wash their hands or use hand sanitizer.
- Non-washable toys, materials and games will not be used this year during camps.
- Once the day is over, the building and classroom will be thoroughly cleaned for the next day.
While we understand these precautions may be inconvenient, the sole purpose is to provide a safe environment for your child and our staff.
In case we cannot meet in person summer classes (Saturdays in DC and Sundays in Alexandria) will be online.
If camps have to be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, families will be refunded for the days missed.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out and ask! Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.