Schedule Children Classes in Alexandria
In Alexandria, classes are held in a townhouse located 5749 Governors Pond Cir Alexandria VA22310.
We use a comfortable teaching room in a convenient location (Franconia and telegraph roads) with parking spaces. To see the room click here.
Spring Session 2021: From April 11th to June 20th (10 sessions) - No class May 29th and 30th.
Summer Session 2021: From July 5th to August 15th (5 or 6 sessions)
Fall Session 2021: From Sept 11th to December 4th (11 sessions) - No class Oct 9th and Nov 27th
For parents who feel more confortable with virtual classes, check our online schedule for children classes here
Being a small school, we are able to implement strict safety measures against COVID.
Since July 2020 we are offering classes in person. In case the pandemic situation worsens, in person classes will be online.
- More info about the Covid Prevention plan here.
All levels - Young Children (2-7 years old)
* Our young kids classes, Moineaux (2-4.5 years) and Poussins (4.5-7 years) are playful immersion classes with activities similar to what children would do in a French preschool. Learn words and sentences, use them in songs, dances, games, and stories. All levels are welcome since we use immersion: for beginners to French speakers.
- Poussins Spring class (5 to 7 y) / In person - Sundays 10:05 to 11am - May 9th to June 20th (no class May 30th) / $132 for 6 weeks / 1 spot free
- Moineaux Summer class (2 to 4.5 y) / In person - Saturdays 9 to 9:55 am - July 10th to August 7th - $115 for 5 weeks
- Poussins Summer class (5 to 7 y) / In person - Saturdays 10:05 to 11 am - July 10th to August 7th - $115 for 5 weeks
For Beginners to Elementary (7.5-12 years old)
* Les Grands - For children 7.5 to 12 years old - Sundays 11:15-12:45pm
A dynamic class for complete beginners to strong beginners (0 to 2 years of French)
- Grand Summer Review (kids 8.5 to 13) - level 1 - in Person: Sat 11:15-12:45pm - July 10th to August 7th - $160 for 5 weeks
For Bilingual Children (8-15 years old)
* Les P'tits Francais I/II, III/IV- classes for advanced and French speakers for children 8 to 16 years old.
Reading, spelling, grammar, discussions.
- PF 1 or 2 (8 to 10): in Person in Alexandria - Tuesday 5-6:25pm - April 13th to June 15th - $325
- PF 3 or 4 (11 to 15):in Person in Alexandria - Tuesday 5-6:25pm - April 13th to June 15th - $325
We are a small school, therefore able to implement strict measures. That being said, the health of all is our number one priority, so we ask everyone to strictly commit to those regulations. Below is a list of some precautions we will be taking, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, in order to ensure that your child has a safe and enjoyable experience.
- At our Chevy Chase location, no more than 9 students will be accepted into each class / 11 for camp session.
- At our Alexandria location, no more than 7 students,
- Teachers and assistants strictly reinforce CDC guidelines. We kindly ask parents to do so as well.
- Special Parent/guardian drop off and pick up instructions will be implemented to guarantee 6 feet of space.
- Parents will be asked to take their child’s temperature before dropping them off at class /camp.
- Hand sanitizing stations are set up at the entrance and in the classroom.
- Students are asked to wash/sanitize their hands several times during the class.
- Students have an assigned seat, at least 6 feet apart from other students.
- Students must bring their own lunches and sharing food will not be permitted.
- Students must bring their own supplies (crayons, pencils, pens, paper, markers, etc.) and sharing will not be permitted.
- All teachers wear protective masks and students over the age of 3 will kindly be asked to wear a mask as well at all time.
- Activities and games during classes and camps abide by physical distancing guidelines.
- We plan to have as many activities as possible outside during camps.
- When traveling outside, students will follow a “rope system” by holding onto an assigned spot on a rope, more than 6 feet apart from other students.
- Right after usage, shared material and games are sanitized. Children will immediately wash their hands or use hand sanitizer.
- Non-washable toys, materials and games will not be used.
- Once the class/day is over, the building and classroom will be thoroughly cleaned for the next day.
While we understand these precautions may be inconvenient, the sole purpose is to provide a safe environment for your child and our staff.
In case we cannot meet in person classes (Saturdays in DC and Sundays in Alexandria) will be moved online.
If camps have to be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, families will be refunded for the days missed.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out and ask! Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.