Schedule Children Classes in Alexandria
In Alexandria, classes are held in a townhouse located 5749 Governors Pond Cir Alexandria VA22310.
We use a comfortable teaching room in a convenient location (Franconia and telegraph roads) with parking spaces. To see the room click here.
Spring Session 2022: From April 10th to June 26th - No class April 17th and May 29th
Summer 2022: Registration for our French Camps 2022 is open here :)
Choose your Class according to your child's age and Level:
- Young Children 2 to 7 years old
- Children 7 to 12 years old beginner to elementary
- Children 6 to 12 yeard old advanced to bilingual
- Summer Camps for all levels
All Levels - Young Kids Classes - 2-7 years old
* Our young kids classes, Moineaux (2-4.5 years) and Poussins (4.5-7 years) are playful immersion classes with activities similar to what children would do in a French preschool. Learn words and sentences, use them in songs, dances, games, and stories.
All levels are welcome since we use immersion: for beginners to French speakers.
- Moineaux (2-4.5 y. old) Summer class in Alexandria: Saturdays 9 to 9:55am - July 9th to Aug 6th - $120.
- Poussins (5-7 y. old) Summer class in Alexandria: Saturdays 10:05 to 11:00am - July 9th to Aug 6th - $120.
- Moineaux Fall class (2 to 4.5 y) in Alexandria: Sundays 9 to 9:55 am - Sept 11th to Nov 20th (no class Oct 9th) - $240 (10 weeks).
- Poussins Fall class (5 to 7 y) in Alexandria: Sundays 10:05 to 11 am - Sept 11th to Nov 20th (no class Oct 9th) - $240 (10 weeks).
- Moineaux Holiday Workshop in Alexandria (kids 2 to 4.5 y): Sunday December 4th, 9-9:55am - $25 (1h) (coming soon)
- Poussins Holiday Workshop in Alexandria (kids 2 to 4.5 y): Sunday December 4th, 10:05-11am - $25 (1h) (coming soon)
Summer camps for all levels
We offer fun and interactive French Summer Camps in Alexandria in August, but also in DC and Online.
- Check here our in person summer camps for kids 5-12 in Alexandria (Mon-Fri from 9:00 to 12:00pm)
- Check here our weekly online summer camps for kids/ Teens 12-16
Beginner to Elementary Classes - 7.5-13 years old
* Conversation for Kids 7.5 to 13 years old - An interactive and playful class for beginners (A1) to strong elementary (A2+)
- Kid Conversation Summer class in Alexandria (kids 7.5 to 12) - level 1: Saturdays 11:15-12:45pm - July 9th to Aug 6th - $180 (5 weeks).
* Les Grands - For children 7.5 to 12 years old
A dynamic class in immersion, communication oriented.
Level 1: For complete beginners to strong beginners (0 to 2 years of French)
Level 2: For elementary to Intermediate (2 to 4 years of French)
- Grand 1 Fall class in Alexandria (kids 7.5 to 12) - level 1: Sundays 11:15-12:45pm - Sept 11th to Nov 20th (no class Oct 9th) - $360 (10 weeks).
- Grand 1 HOLIDAY WORKSHOP in Alexandria (kids 7.5 to 12) - level 1: Sunday December 4th, 11:15-12:45pm - $38 (1.5h) - coming soon
- Grand 2 (kids 8 to 13 after 2, 3 years of French) : only "a la carte" or in private lessons. Contact us for more info.
Advanced Classes - Bilingual kids 6-15 years old
* Les P'tits Francais I/II, III/IV- classes for advanced and French speakers for children 8 to 16 years old.
Reading, spelling, grammar, discussions.
- Weekly Advanced Classes are online on Saturdays, or also on Tuesday evening for the PF 3/4.
We are a small school, therefore able to implement strict measures. That being said, the health of all is our number one priority, so we ask everyone to strictly commit to those regulations. Below is a list of some precautions we will be taking, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, in order to ensure that your child has a safe and enjoyable experience.
- Teachers and assistants strictly reinforce CDC guidelines. We kindly ask parents to do so as well.
- Special Parent/guardian drop off and pick up instructions will be implemented to guarantee 6 feet of space.
- Parents will be asked to take their child’s temperature before dropping them off at class /camp.
- Hand sanitizing stations are set up at the entrance and in the classroom.
- Students are asked to wash/sanitize their hands several times during the class.
- Students have an assigned seat, at least 1.5 m apart from other students.
- Students must bring their own lunches and sharing food will not be permitted.
- Students must bring their own supplies (crayons, pencils, pens, paper, markers, etc.) and sharing will not be permitted.
- All teachers wear protective masks and students over the age of 3 will kindly be asked to wear a mask as well at all time expect at the parc during activities allowing distancing.
- Activities and games during classes and camps abide by physical distancing guidelines.
- We plan to have as many activities as possible outside during camps.
- Right after usage, shared material and games are sanitized. Children will immediately wash their hands or use hand sanitizer.
- Non-washable toys, materials and games will not be used.
- Once the class/day is over, the building and classroom will be thoroughly cleaned for the next day.
While we understand these precautions may be inconvenient, the sole purpose is to provide a safe environment for your child and our staff.
In case we cannot meet in person classes (Saturdays in DC and Sundays in Alexandria) will be moved online.
If camps have to be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, families will be refunded for the days missed.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out and ask! Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.