French Immersion Camps in Alexandria
Being a small school, we are able to implement strict safety measures against COVID. Therefore, and to provide families in our community a good option for child care in the Summer we plan to have our Summer camps in person, but you can register for virtual camps as well.
We understand how important child care is for families. That is why we have decided to have in-person French Summer camps for children as well as online with our virtual camps. We want to provide a safe and fun child care option for the families in our community.
We are not sure if we will need to limit our spots like we did in 2021, we will post more about COVID in Spring.
What: a fun conversation oriented camp for children between 5 and 12 years old, any level.
Where: Governors Pond Cir, Alexandria VA
When: in August, from Monday to Friday, 9:00am-12:00pm.
PRICE: $325/ week for half days.
We prepare a fun theme for every week with playful and educational activities that will make learning French a game or a thrilling experience. The camps are intended for all levels of proficiency. We will do artistic activities and games. Non-French speakers will be in full immersion.
Group settings: while playful activities (games, art projects) are planned with the whole group, kids will be separated in proficiency groups (based on age and their French level) for language activities.
- Routine/ thematic vocabulary
- Game mostly outside unless the weather is really bad
- Art project (crafts, acting, song…)
Week 1 - Aug 1st to 5th: La Nature - The Nature
Week 2 - Aug 8th to 12th: Les supers héros - Super Heroes
To register, send the registration form below, together with your payment via check sent to French Academy 5749 Governors Pond Cir Alexandria VA22310, or Online (see below, Credit Card payments include 3.5% fees).
Online payment includes 3.5% fees. The Online Payment Gate will pop up once you sent your form.
Tuition $325 (online payment + fees 3.5% )
Summer Camp Measures Against COVID-19
At this time our intention is to hold some weekly camps in person to give families in our community the opportunity to have French child care options during the summer. Since the health of all is our number one priority, we want to implement strict safety measures. Below are the precautions we will be taking, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, in order to assure that your child has a safe and enjoyable experience at our summer camp.
- At our Alexandria location, no more than 7 students will be accepted into each camp session.
- Teachers and assistants will strictly reinforce CDC guidelines.
- We kindly ask parents to do so as well. Special Parent/guardian drop off and pick up instructions will be implemented to guarantee 6 feet of space.
- Parents will be asked to take their child’s temperature before dropping them off at class /camp.
If your child has any symptoms stay home until you are cleared by a COVID-TEST.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be set up at the entrance and in the classroom. Students will be asked to wash/sanitize their hands several times during the day. There is a bathroom inside the classroom.
- Students will have an assigned seat, at least 1.5m apart from other students.
- Students will be asked to bring their own snacks and sharing food will not be permitted.
- Students will be asked to bring their own supplies (crayons, pencils, pens, paper, markers, etc.) and sharing will not be permitted.
- All teachers will wear protective masks and students over the age of 4 will kindly be asked to wear a mask as well.
- Activities and games during classes and camps will abide by physical distancing guidelines. We plan to have as many activities as possible outside.
- Right after usage, shared material and games will be sanitized.
- Children will immediately wash their hands or use hand sanitizer. Non-washable toys, materials and games will not be used this year during camps.
- Once the day is over, the building and classroom will be thoroughly cleaned for the next day.
While we understand these precautions may be inconvenient, the sole purpose is to provide a safe environment for your child and our staff.
In case we cannot meet in person summer classes (Saturdays in DC and Sundays in Alexandria) will be online.
If camps have to be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, families will be refunded for the days missed.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out and ask! Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.