French Camps for Kids
Where and When
The French Academy offers Summer Camps in French immersion for children between 5 and 13 years old.
We understand how important child care is for families, especially in the Summer. The French Academy offers you many options:
In-person French Summer camps for children in Chevy Chase DC or Alexandria, as well as online with our virtual camps.
Where: in Alexandria, in Chevy Chase (DC), or virtually (Skype or Zoom).
When: July-August, from Monday to Friday.
9:30am to 12pm for Online Camp
9:00am to 12:00pm in Alexandria
9am-3:30pm in Chevy Chase (before and after care available 8:30-9am amd 3:30-5:00pm)
or during any school holidays at your own location (participants share an hourly price).
Price per week
- $275 per child for an online camp (from 9:30am to 12:00pm)
- $335 for a camp in Alexandria (from 9:00am to 12:00pm) - Limited space because of small group.
- $335 for a half day camp in Chevy Chase (from 9am to 12pm) - Only possible if we have free spots.
- $470 for a full day camp in Chevy Chase (from 9am to 3:30pm)
- Before and After care costs about $250 from Mo-FRI, 8:30am to 9am and 3:30 to 5:30pm, but the price will vary according to the number of children needing it.
- For a camp at your own location: Prices vary between $70 and $100 per hour (to divide among participants- max 6 kids).
We prepare a fun theme for every week with playful and educational activities that will make learning French a game or a thrilling experience. The camps are intended for all levels of proficiency:
o Group for English speakers (proficiency levels: beginners to elementary), and
o Group for advanced or French speakers.
No Camp T-Shirt
While some of our competitors may offer t-shirts when you start a camp, we, at the French Academy, take a different stance. Why? Because we genuinely care about the Earth. Here's why we choose not to provide t-shirts:
* Environmentally Conscious: By not offering t-shirts, we help reduce the demand for new clothing production, which often contributes to harmful practices and waste in the fashion industry. Our small step in avoiding unnecessary garments reflects our commitment to sustainability.
* Zero Waste Philosophy: We encourage a zero-waste mindset in our summer camps, teaching children the importance of mindful consumption and the value of cherishing what they have. By not distributing t-shirts that may end up unused and discarded, we reduce unnecessary waste.
* Individuality Matters: Every child is unique, and we want them to embrace their individuality. Instead of providing identical t-shirts, we celebrate the diversity of our campers and encourage them to express themselves in their preferred attire.