French Camps for Kids
Where and When
The French Academy offers Summer Camps in French immersion for children between 5 and 13 years old.
We understand how important child care is for families, especially in the Summer. That is why we have decided to have in-person French Summer camps for children as well as online with our virtual camps. We want to provide a safe and fun child care option for the families in our community. Thanks to our small size, we are able to implement strict safety measures in regard to COVID-19. To make the Summer camps as safe as possible, we have limited spots available (5 to 6 children in Alexandria and 8 children in Chevy Chase). We look forward to seeing you this Summer!
Where: in Alexandria, in Chevy Chase (DC), or virtually (Skype or Zoom).
When: July-August, from Monday to Friday.
9:30am to 12pm for Online Camp,
9:00am to 12:00pm in Alexandria
9am to 12pm or 9am-3:30pm in Chevy Chase (before and after care available 8:30-9am amd 3:30-5:30pm - may not be possible during COVID)
or during any school holidays at your own location (participants share an hourly price).
Price per week
- $250 per child for an online camp (from 9:30am to 12:00pm)
- $305 for a camp in Alexandria (from 9:00am to 12:00pm)
- $305 for a half day camp in Chevy Chase (from 9am to 12pm)
- $415 for a full day camp in Chevy Chase (from 9am to 3:30pm)
- Before and After care costs about $150 from Mo-FRI, 8:30am to 9am and 3:30 to 5:30pm, but the price will vary according to the number of children needing it.
- For a camp at your own location: Prices vary between $60 and $80 per hour (to divide among participants- max 8 kids).
We prepare a fun theme for every week with playful and educational activities that will make learning French a game or a thrilling experience. The camps are intended for all levels of proficiency:
o Group for English speakers (proficiency levels: beginners to elementary), and
o Group for advanced or French speakers.
Summer Camp Measures Against COVID-19
Since the health of all is our number one priority, we want to implement strict safety measures. Below are the precautions we will be taking, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, in order to ensure that your child has a safe and enjoyable experience at our summer camp.
- At our Chevy Chase location, no more than 9 students will be accepted into each class / camp session.
- At our Alexandria location, no more than 6 students will be accepted into each camp session.
- Teachers and assistants will strictly reinforce CDC guidelines.
- We kindly ask parents to do so as well. Special Parent/guardian drop off and pick up instructions will be implemented to guarantee 6 feet of space.
- Parents will be asked to take their child’s temperature before dropping them off at class /camp.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be set up at the entrance and in the classroom. Students will be asked to wash/sanitize their hands several times during the day. There is a bathroom inside the classroom.
- Students will have an assigned seat, at least 6 feet apart from other students.
- Students will be asked to bring their own lunches and sharing food will not be permitted.
- Students will be asked to bring their own supplies (crayons, pencils, pens, paper, markers, etc.) and sharing will not be permitted.
- All teachers will wear protective masks and students over the age of 5 will kindly be asked to wear a mask as well.
- Activities and games during classes and camps will abide by physical distancing guidelines. We plan to have as many activities as possible outside.
- When traveling outside, students will follow a “rope system” by holding onto an assigned spot on a rope, more than 6 feet apart from other students.
- Right after usage, shared material and games will be sanitized.
- Children will immediately wash their hands or use hand sanitizer. Non-washable toys, materials and games will not be used this year during camps.
- Once the day is over, the building and classroom will be thoroughly cleaned for the next day.
While we understand these precautions may be inconvenient, the sole purpose is to provide a safe environment for your child and our staff.
In case we cannot meet in person summer classes (Saturdays in DC and Sundays in Alexandria) will be online.
If camps have to be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, families will be refunded for the days missed.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out and ask! Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.