Register Poussins Sunday Alexandria
For children 5 to 7 years old. In person
Sundays 10:05 to 11am
Jan 7th to March 17th - $250
(No class Jan 14th and Feb 18th)
- Children will be immersed in the language though playful activities, songs, dance, stories, games, and more. Crafts, drawings and simple writen activities will reinforce motor abilities of the children. Interaction wit puppets will make talking French really fun!
- The class is in full immersion and therefore suited for French or English speaking children. At a young age, children are very intuitive and beginners will learn fast. French speaking children will talk and interact more, while English speakers will need more time to pronounce the words, but they understand very fast.
- We will introduce written activities similar to kindergarten / 1st grade (Maternelle Grande Section et CP)
Greetings, songs and dance
Sound/ letter of the day
Meeting our friends (Monsieur nez rouge, Alouette, Grabouilla la sorcière, les souris, ...)
Talk, sing, interaction on our weekly theme.
Vocabulary and written activities
Reinvestment of the knowledge through payling or written activities
Every term we cover seasonal themes and topics children love (animals, food, family, fairy tales...)
First things we learn:
- Who's who (Je m'appelle/comment tu t'appelles)
- Numbers up to 20 (or more!)
- Animal names
- Colors and forms
- Anatomy, clothing ...
- Daily life activities
- Seasonal themes
- Authentic songs
Note: It's good to repeat some topics sometimes as long as the activities are different and develop different capacities in the children (cognitive, motor skills etc..). Children need repetition to learn :)
+ We recreate an authentic language environment (no flash cards methodology!)
+ Teachers are native speakers (no accent!) and experienced with small children
+ Child focused approach
Parent Participation and Responsibility
Parents of children 5 and above do not need to stay in the room, but it is important to stay in the vicinity in case we need to call you.
Space is limited, so parents don't stay in the class.
Code of Conduct
If a child becomes disruptive, we may call you to come pick up your child.
Please fill out the form below and click SUBMIT .
Then submit your payment to be fully registered.
Payment by check, Zelle (free), or online payment (3.5% fees) (you will see once you send your form).