Register Poussins Sunday Alexandria
For children 5 to 7 years old. In person
Sundays 10:05 to 11:00am
Jan 8th to March 19th
(No class Feb 19th)
In case of a snow day, makenup will be Feb 19th or if later, the class will ne held online.
- Children will be immersed in the language though playful activities, songs, dance, stories, games, and more. Crafts, drawings and simple writen activities will reinforce motor abilities of the children. Interaction wit puppets will make talking French really fun!
- The class is in full immersion and therefore suited for French or English speaking children. At a young age, children are very intuitive and beginners will learn fast. French speaking children will talk and interact more, while English speakers will need more time to pronounce the words, but they understand very fast.
- We will introduce written activities similar to kindergarten / 1st grade (Maternelle Grande Section et CP)
Greetings, songs and dance
Sound/ letter of the day
Meeting our friends (Monsieur nez rouge, Alouette, Grabouilla la sorcière, les souris, ...)
Talk, sing, interaction on our weekly theme.
Vocabulary and written activities
Reinvestment of the knowledge through payling or written activities
Every quarter we cover seasonal themes and topics children love (animals, food, family, fairy tales...)
First things we learn:
- Who's who (Je m'appelle/comment tu t'appelles)
- Numbers up to 20 (or more!)
- Animal names
- Colors and forms
- Anatomy, clothing ...
- Daily life activities
- Seasonal themes
- Authentic songs
Note: It's good to repeat some topics sometimes as long as the activities are different and develop different capacities in the children (cognitive, motor skills etc..). Children need repetition to learn :)
+ We recreate an authentic language environment (no flash cards methodology!)
+ Teachers are native speakers (no accent!) and experienced with small children
+ Child focused approach
Parent Participation and Responsibility
Parents of children 4.5 and above do not need to stay in the room, but it is important to stay in the vicinity in case we need to call you. If spaces are not limited, we really encourage parents to stay in the class. In this case, accompaniment is limited to one parent or caregiver only - no other adults or children may attend.
If spaces are limited, such as during the COVID-19 panemic, or just because the class is full, parents should not stay in class.
Code of Conduct
If a child becomes disruptive, the parent or caregiver will take them out of the class until they calms down in order to preserve a constructive learning environment. We may call you to come pick up your child.
Please register online below and click SUBMIT .
Then submit your payment to be fully registered. Let us know if you will send a check.