Since our highest priority is the health of our students, staff and teachers, we would like to share with you some measures the French Academy is taking regarding COVID-19:
- In Alexandria and Chevy Chase: tables, chairs, door knobs and bathrooms are disinfected before and after a class.
- Our building partners in DC and Baltimore guarantee regular cleaning of all touched surfaces, bathrooms, floors etc..
- We ensure cleaning of frequently touched objects (markers, white boards, toys etc..), after each class.
- Teachers are following the regulations of the CDC.
- All teachers will wear protective masks.
- We are implementing a come in and out policy in respect of the 6 feet distancing.
- Air is flitered at our K str location, windows are opened regularly in Alexandria, Baltimore and Chevy Chase according to the CDC recommendations.
We would also kindly ask all our students to:
- Follow the recommendations of the CDC before visiting the French Academy.
- Wash their hands before starting a class. We have hand soap, alcohol spray, and disinfecting wipes at our Alexandria location. At our K str location, you can also find hand sanitizer in the lobby. Bathrooms there are in front of the elevators.
In Baltimore teachers will bring hand sanitizer and wipes to class. Bathrooms are on the first floor.
In Chevy Chase, bathrooms are on each floor. We will have hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes in our room.
- Avoid physical contact, and keep a 6 feet distance from other participants.
- Students will have an assigned seat, at least 6 feet apart from other students.
- Students will be asked to bring their own supplies (crayons, pencils, pens, paper, markers, etc.) and sharing will not be permitted.
- If you need to cough or sneeze or blow your nose, please do it in a disposable tissue.
- Any student who is 5 and above should wear a mask while coming to a class.
- Stay home if you are experiencing symptoms: fewer, respiratory sickness.
- In the event that you or a person close to you tests positive to the Coronavirus, please contact us immediately.
As much as possible will continue classes online via Skype or Zoom. Both programs allow us to teach a class with one or several participants, sharing notes via live chats or uploading documents.
Summer children classes and camps
As the French Academy gears up for the upcoming 2020 Summer, we wanted to release an update on our plans for the July and August French Immersion Summer Classes and Camps in regards to COVID-19. At this time our intention is to hold the summer week-end classes and weekly camps, and we would love for you to join us! That being said, we must also follow government orders and will make adjustments accordingly. Below are the precautions we will be taking, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, in order to assure that your child has a safe and enjoyable experience at our summer camp.
-At our Chevy Chase location, no more than 9 students will be accepted into each class / camp session.
-At our Alexandria location, no more than 6 students for Sunday classes, and 5 students will be accepted into each camp session.
-Teachers and assistants will strictly reinforce CDC guidelines. We kindly ask parents to do so as well.
-Special Parent/guardian drop off and pick up instructions will be implemented to guarantee 6 feet of space.
-Parents will be asked to take their child’s temperature before dropping them off at class /camp.
-Hand sanitizing stations will be set up at the entrance and in the classroom.-Students will be asked to wash/sanitize their hands several times during the day. There is a bathroom inside the classroom.
-Students will have an assigned seat, at least 6 feet apart from other students.-Students will be asked to bring their own lunches and sharing food will not be permitted.
-Students will be asked to bring their own supplies (crayons, pencils, pens, paper, markers, etc.) and sharing will not be permitted.
-All teachers will wear protective masks and students over the age of 5 will kindly be asked to wear a mask as well.
-Activities and games during classes and camps will abide by physical distancing guidelines.-We plan to have as many activities as possible outside.-When traveling outside, students will follow a “rope system” by holding onto an assigned spot on a rope, mor
e than 6 feet apart from other students.
-Right after usage, shared material and games will be sanitized. Children will immediately wash their hands or use hand sanitizer.
-Non-washable toys, materials and games will not be used this year during camps.
-Once the day is over, the building and classroom will be thoroughly cleaned for the next day.
While we understand these precautions may be inconvenient, the sole purpose is to provide a safe environment for your child and our staff.
In case we cannot meet in person summer classes (Saturdays in DC and Sundays in Alexandria) will be online.
If camps have to be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, families will be refunded for the days missed.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out and ask! Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.